This year, for the first time, we experimented with growing eucalyptus in our greenhouse. Originally we planted it to be used as a filler in our bouquets however, as we have learnt, there are so many more uses for fresh eucalyptus. Here are just a couple:Freshen your home naturally with Eucalyptus:
A stove simmer is perfect to deodorize the entire house and a great homemade natural air freshener when you want to:
- make room smell good naturally
- make your house smell good without candles
- keep house smelling good with pets
- one of the cheapest way to make house smell good
Eucalyptus Stove Simmer:
In a pot, combine a couple limes (cut into slices), eucalyptus sprigs and fresh mint and water. Bringing it up to a gentle boil. You can leave it on a low boil for as long as you like and add water as needed. This can also be done in a crockpot.
Create a spa-like experience in your shower
Eucalyptus Shower Bundle:
Combine 2-3 sprigs of fresh eucalyptus and hang them in your shower. When you take a steamy shower, the humidity will activate the oils in the eucalyptus and create a spa-like experience with no extra effort.
Tip: place bundle in the far corner of your shower to prevent it from getting wet. The humidity is what releases the oils. Your eucalyptus bundle can last 2-4 weeks in the shower. To extend the life of your bundle, we recommend placing the bundle in a vase of water when its not being used in the shower.
Did you know?
- fresh eucalyptus – Eucalyptus clears the air and is also beneficial for the respiratory system. If you suffer from sinus congestion, have a headache or stuffy nose, definitely add some to your DIY simmer pot.